Washington D.C. WOW!

Old 06-13-2011, 05:50 PM

Dear friends:
Just returned from a very busy two day visit to your capital. First time.WOW! What a fantastic city. I will definitely come back...but in the fall...way too hot. However, it was quite an experience. Every American should try to get to the capital in their lifetime.
Thanks to my friends Julie and Washington friend, Mary, for making it a super girls' getaway weekend.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:53 PM

Glad you got to enjoy D.C. - I had the privledge of living there for 18 months; it was amazing! My husband and I had a 12th floor apartment in Arligton VA and we could see the Washington Monument and Capitol from our balcony! Best seat in the house for the fireworks!
Old 06-13-2011, 05:57 PM

Oh, my, that must have been wonderful...such a vibrant city, filled with so much history and tradition. Can understand the American psyche that theirs is the best country in the world' cause this city is pretty impressive.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:03 PM

One of the best time to see DC is the spring when the Cherry Blossoms bloom. It's really pretty, most of the time not hot or cold, but the drawback is it is packed. Lots of tourists.

Glad you enjoyed yourself. The heat can be a real downer at times.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:05 PM

I've visited DC twice, and could go back many more times just to see and enjoy the history of this country.

Glad you enjoyed your trip.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:20 PM

Our son works in DC and so we have been there many times. There is so much to see and do...but here is something we learned while moving him out there for his job. We moved him during the week between Christmas and New years. My DH got on priceline to get a hotel....because the Senate and Congress are out of session then, there is really nothing going on and we were able to get REALLY nice motel room for around $40 a night. Big Suites. We actually stayed in Old Town Alexandria (which is worth seeing too) and it was easy to get on the Metro and into DC proper or any place else.
It would be a great time to do the Museums and the memorials, if it isnt snowing! Beautiful city, and
awe-inspiring.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by charity-crafter
One of the best time to see DC is the spring when the Cherry Blossoms bloom. It's really pretty, most of the time not hot or cold, but the drawback is it is packed. Lots of tourists.

Glad you enjoyed yourself. The heat can be a real downer at times.
Yep, my favorite time of the year to visit...it gets hot in DC (NYC too... summer or fall...yet, we are heading off to NY in 10 days...sigh...the summer won't be TOTALLY overwhelmingly hot yet..._
Old 06-13-2011, 06:46 PM

It is a magnificent city. I try to go there every couple of years for a few days. The Smithsonian Museum buildings are always high on my list of places to visit as they are ever-changing.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:29 AM

We have been there at least 6 times and every time we find new things to marvel at. My daughter and son in law like to go in January during their anniversary much nicer then the summer heat. It is one of our favorite places.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:30 AM
Power Poster

i've been to DC a couple of times and passed through many more. every time i went, i got turned around in the roundabouts/traffic circles. LOL