View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 10:53 AM
AFQSinc

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
Originally Posted by lynnie
i know how you feel, have degen disc disease along with ruptured discs nerve dam all the stuff, getting a dorsal nerve stim put in hopefullly next week, went for the trial last week, got to the doc tomorrow to set up surgery app. I had to get off all those drugs i took every day. look into that at a pain magmt doctor, some people here have themimplanted already. what a difference it makes, no pain, no drugs pm me if you want info
I am hoping for a NON-surgical healing..but the Dr today said it was highly unlikely..sigh...funny thing is all of my pain in my hips/legs...NOT in my back...who knew...
I definitely urge you to seek a doctor that will allow you to try physical therapy first. Not a chiropractor but actual physical thereapy. I have two disks in my back (I'm sorry I can't remember the numbers) that were on the verge of rupture. I had hip pain (called referred pain), back and neck pain. The doctor wanted to do surgery on me immediately but I begged him to let me try physical therapy first. The only reason he relented was because I was able to walk (just barely) into his office on my own. I did intensive PT and now I have been pain free for 8 years. Those years also included a pregnancy (which he said I should avoid as it would cause too much stress and may cause the discs to rupture). I am careful about lifting in certain positions and I had one little flair up but for the most part no further issues.

It may not be appropriate for your specific situation but it is worth a shot. I think the thing to remember is that you can't really non-surgically reverse the damage, per se, but it can be managed in such a way that you are not in constant pain and on alot of medication. Good luck to you.