Thread: So disappointed
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 01:56 PM
WynfordMom2016

Every year my moms family (i am not close to my dads side of the family but LOVE my mom's side) have a family reunion..over the last 15 years (how long hubby and I have been married) I have averaged going every other year but have twice skipped 2 years...I live in Ohio the reunion is in Kentucky..5 years ago we all went together (mw husband and 3 kids) 2 years ago I went with the kids...hubby called me every day asking me to come home (I went on a Wed came back on Sun) This year I had planned on going with kids again..then my daughter left home so it was just going to be me and the 2 boys..I planned on going on Wed coming back on Sun...reunion is Sat...Then about a month ago hubby decided he is going (he is not crazy about my family) SO I start making plans for a hotel or cabin etc..Then last weekend he told me cause of work (long story but he was BOUGHT from another company in Feb and has no vacation) He can only go if we go down and back the same day...its a 5 hr drive..I was so very upset and almost decided not to go as it would be harder on me health wise and mentaly to only see them for a few hours (if you figure the way he wants to do it we would be there between 6 and 8 hrs)than not seeing them at all..But I was not giving up on going and was trying to talk him into staying at least one night...NOW due to money issues and his job (now he cant get Saturday off) it looks like we wont be going at all...
ALL my family other than my mom, dad and brother live out of state this is the one time I get a chance to see so many people I love so much....
Sorry just needed somewhere to vent...just so heartbroken that things didnt work out...