Thread: So disappointed
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 08:14 PM
meanmom

I have the same problem every time we are going somewhere with my husband. He never went anywhere as a kid. His Dad was a tight wad who thought only of himself. Whenever we made plans for a trip myDH would say he was going. The closer it would get to leaving he would start making excuses why he couldn't go. Eventually the trip would be cancelled. (this was even with his family reunion) His sister bugged us for years to go on vacation with her. Same old excuses. We kinda argued. He told me to go without him. I hooked the camper up to my SUV and backed it into the driveway and packed it up with the 4 kids. I don't think he thought I would do it. He was so mad he left the house in the morning before we got up. We left at 5 AM. Didn't really speak to us for a few days after we got back. Finally he said he was being stupid for being mad because he told me to go. If you wait for your DH to go with you , you will never get to go anywhere. After that we often went without him. We always bug him to come. He even missed our sons wedding, in Japan because of making excuses. My daughter and I went and had a great time. GO WITHOUT HIM!