Thread: Sewing Cabinet
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 08:20 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by KimS
Originally Posted by CoyoteQuilts
If it is a Horn or Koala cabinet usually an insert is provided for your machine. Just talk to the dealer where you are going to purchase and they should be able to let you know.

Also, these cabinets are expensive, but everybody that has them love them. Me, I have one of these.

http://www.seweziusa.com/
with a conference table up against the back for added room and for my cutting mat.
I'm looking at this one because I am so limited on space. I have a small space in the spare bedroom to work with. Thinking with this one I'd have room to store items and cut and iron so the ironing board could come down which would free up a little more space. Then when I'm finished for the day it could all be folded up. I know for ironing larger things I'd have to set up the board for that. I've sent an email to the dealer asking them if my machine will fit since we have NO dealers within a 150 mile radius. Sad....but true and that's why I do all of my shopping for items like this online.
I have a Horn cabinet and love it to bits. So far, I have three different inserts to fit three different machines (Two Berninas and a Featherweight) so I can choose which machine to use in it. You are right in thinking that FMQing is much easier if the machine bed is level with a table surface, so best of luck with your purchase . BTW, I never fold mine down, but then it's in a room I use solely for sewing. I also have a Sewezi folding table that works on the same principle, and I take that to workshops, and again, I have three different inserts for it.