View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 07:53 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
Originally Posted by Rhonda
Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
...Yes i get pulled in a lot of directions but I live breathe and eat quilting. I spend most of my time between kids and animals quilting. I have a cockatiel and two dogs who think I have to be sitting at my desk or sewing machine for their life to be in order or they scream(bird) or bark(pointer) and bay(beagle) at me til I am back in my place!!

That is so funny, about your animals squawking to keep you in line!!! :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
When I go to cook I sometimes set the Cockatiel(Snickers) on a stepstool in the kitchen doorway so she can see me or she won't quit screaming and it gets on my nerves! She thinks I or my DH should always be in sight. She learned to say pretty girl and when I take her into the bedroom at night she yells pretty girl over and over again until I turn the lights out. She uses it as a beg to get me to whistle with her.
I didn't want to cover her with a towel so I take her cage an all into the bedroom which we keep dark at all times for my DH
She is so much fun! She was hand raised and the lady we got her from used to puther up to her face and talk to her so she is extremely tame. She is now 2 we got her when she was 10 weeks old. We have had a lot of birds over the last 34 years but she is the sweetest one. I had one one time that liked to sit on my book whenever I read.
wow, sit on your book, and not try to fly away, that is so cool. I am getting a new kitty cat. I gotta go to my daughters several times this week, so she can get to know me. got to run.
What are you gong to name her? (the kitty) Ours is called Alley Cat (named because that was where she was born in Davenport) bt we mostly just call her cat! Like MOVE CAT!! She does know one command OUT! means she has to get up and go in the bathroom where I pen her when I don't want her out in the livingroom. I have a daughter inlaw who is allergic to cats. Alley usually minds but if not I just move the couch or something close to her and she gives in and goes.