View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 03:58 PM
dsb38327

Originally Posted by Missi
A huge thank you to Gigix12 and dsb38327 who sent me 41 sets today to be given out this swap just because. They want nothing in return just had all these small scraps and couldn't use them. Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad they arrived safely. I took them in a zip lock bag to Mr. not friendly at the post office a few blocks away. I said "I need something to put these in". This person has never been really nice to me. He said "What are these?". I told him what a postage stamp quilt is and how people need so many fabrics so they trade squares. He reach over for that little box, taped it for me and I started filling it. The kits fit perfectly and yet I wouldn't have had a space for another kit in that little box. We visited a good 30 minutes. He inherited a quilt that is over 100 years old. His eyes glistened as he talked about it. Hoping he will be nice to be now. :)
I do enjoy collecting the squares and sending them because I understand your addition. I made a couple squares from some I had left. I thought it was fun.
Gigix12 donated 99% of the fabric. I cut and mailed the squares. I enjoyed doing it.
(Missy, there is an envelope inside the box too. Be sure to open it.)