Spring 1.5" block swap

Old 08-03-2011, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Missi
Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
Goldendog, I got two of yours! Cool!
Sorry - you're not supposed to get two sets from the same person! I had a small oops at the end and had a mess on my hands. I wish I could blame it on the cat but she wasn't wanting to help this time around :)
Missi, I'll bet Karen is no complaining about getting two of the same sets. You've done an awesome job of putting these swaps together. I don't even want to think of how I would keep almost 2500 little baggies in any semblance of order! Thank you again for jobs well done! :thumbup:
Old 08-03-2011, 11:36 AM

I would never complain about getting two sets! Especially when I forgot to add my name to my bags! Sorry! Besides, by the time I get around to putting a million stamps into a quilt, it will be a blast to treat it like a Where's Waldo quilt. Go ahead find the mate! :)
Old 08-03-2011, 12:01 PM

Okay, I've been approved!

I've been approved to host a Summer 1.5" swap. If you're interested in joining, please send me a PM. Same rules as the last swap, but since this is my first time hosting, I've limited it to the first 25 to PM me.

Hope you'll join us. :P
Old 08-03-2011, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter

I've been approved to host a Summer 1.5" swap. If you're interested in joining, please send me a PM. Same rules as the last swap, but since this is my first time hosting, I've limited it to the first 25 to PM me.

Will you be opening another thread? We don't want to get too mixed up. With me, that would be soooo easy to do! :-D
Old 08-03-2011, 03:38 PM

i would love to play but havent had the opportunity to start cutting that many 1.5" squares yet. i will wait until the fall one.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:43 PM

I would never complain about getting two sets! Especially when I forgot to add my name to my bags! Sorry! Besides, by the time I get around to putting a million stamps into a quilt, it will be a blast to treat it like a Where's Waldo quilt. Go ahead find the mate! :)
Ah . . . I got a baggie without a name. I bet it was one of yours. Great fabric! Do you by chance use press-n-seal?

My blocks aren't quite Where's Waldo, but more like I Spy . . . a bear, a doll, a tree, a bee . . . . It's fun!
Old 08-03-2011, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Evie
Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter

Will you be opening another thread? We don't want to get too mixed up. With me, that would be soooo easy to do! :-D
Sorry, I forgot to post the link. Here ya go!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-142366-1.htm
Old 08-03-2011, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Evie
Ah . . . I got a baggie without a name. I bet it was one of yours. Great fabric! Do you by chance use press-n-seal?

My blocks aren't quite Where's Waldo, but more like I Spy . . . a bear, a doll, a tree, a bee . . . . It's fun!
Yes, I did use Press-n-seal! Glad you like them!
Old 08-03-2011, 07:12 PM

I received my blocks today. Thank you all!
Old 08-09-2011, 06:55 PM

I got 21 bags. bonus. :mrgreen: I asked Missi, but she said keep it.

I spent Saturday morning working on a stamp system.

**a-hem** instead of cutting up tree limbs, down from a freak august thunderstorm, early in the cool. :roll:

I took 8 check boxes, put cardstock dividers in the middle.
yellow/yellow green
green/gr blue
blue/blue purple
purple/purple red
pink/red
red orange/orange
orange yellow/yellow
the 8th box has browns tans & blacks whites.

I had a contact paper covered "quart" box, the kind that a doz qt bottles ship in. wrote the colors on the end, where you write the checking info, and slipped them in there, noted end up. I need a 9" square flat box to slip into the end to put made squares in.

and I sorted all 1050.

I'm doing 8x8 blocks. I think I have (all of) 5 colors sewn into strips of 4. I sorted the category into light/dark & am sewing them alternate. I also sorted "kinda medium" and when I ran out of one or the other the mediums filled in.

What fun.

...?? or is it crazy-makin'?? ... ah, well, already THERE. *snerk*