View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 06:40 PM
Annya

Originally Posted by SitzSewing
I agree with Jean, embroidery is NOT a cheap hobby.
I have a Brother 1500 D and I love it, it comes with a 5x7 and 8x10 hoop. Was easy for me as a beginner to learn.

Price example: I got my machine for $2400--on sale then I had to buy the software to be able to download designs--$700. Stabelizer 12-20$, thread 3-5 dollars a spool.

Maybe you will be fortunate as me and the machine will be on sale(1/2 price) and they will offer you the 60 spools of Pacesetter thread for $199.00. If your not sure, just buy the basic Brother Disney embroidery machine. Good luck.
What type of needles do you use on your machine. I have only had mine since Christmas and do not know which is the best. Also some of the threads keep breaking even being the new and I was told to put it in the fridge for a while, have you heard about that before? I hate the idea of paying good money for the bigger reels only to have them continually break--it is most annoying.Brother thread are so expensive for such small reels that is why I want the bigger reels. My machine is a Brother1500D too.