Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Embroidery Machines >

Embroidery Machines

Embroidery Machines

Old 05-04-2011, 11:40 AM

my first and only on is singer 200 and i love it
Old 05-04-2011, 03:18 PM

I'm a beginner to embroidery and I purchased the Baby Lock Ellure Plus....I love it and it is easy to use.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:14 PM

I recommend getting one that takes at least a 5x7 hoop or larger. I would check out a refurbished machine, this way you can get a better machine than a new one which would cost more.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:08 AM

I have a Brother Innovis 4000D and it is a combination Embroidery Machine/Sewing Machine. I love it. Has self-threading needle, (most embroidery machines do), has 4 hoops, 1" x 2/5", 4" x 4", 5" x 7" and 12" x 7". uses PES format. I buy most of my designs off of the Internet and download them to my Machine. It has Disney Designs built in. I am very happy with it; have not tried other brands. Good luck in your search and enjoy your machine, whatever you select. It's my favorite thing to do. When you get your machine, try "Photo Stitch" technique. Can find designs on the internet under the same name. When they are done, they look much like a real photo at a distance. Enjoy
I also have another sewing machine so I can sew while Embroidering.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by Just Me...
I love my Janome!

Originally Posted by karen65ae
I have a Janome 350e. Easy to use, 2 hoop sizes 4x4 and 5x7.
Can use a usb to transfer designs .
I too have the same embroidery machine and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!!!!!! I now use it professionally as I am just starting to get a little business off the ground selling embroidered baby bloomers!!!!! I am working on other products too. It is very user friendly and it is a stand alone machine. So I can embroider on one, and while that one is doing its thing I can be sewing on my other sewing machine!

There are some amazing websites to purchase threads and stabilzers and needles and all the other STUFF you need with your machine.

Do lots of research and see what is best to suit your needs. I researched for months before making my decision. I am glad I went with the machine I did! I have been addicted to my machine since I got her 1 1/2 years ago!!!
Old 05-30-2011, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by SitzSewing
I agree with Jean, embroidery is NOT a cheap hobby.
I have a Brother 1500 D and I love it, it comes with a 5x7 and 8x10 hoop. Was easy for me as a beginner to learn.

Price example: I got my machine for $2400--on sale then I had to buy the software to be able to download designs--$700. Stabelizer 12-20$, thread 3-5 dollars a spool.

Maybe you will be fortunate as me and the machine will be on sale(1/2 price) and they will offer you the 60 spools of Pacesetter thread for $199.00. If your not sure, just buy the basic Brother Disney embroidery machine. Good luck.
I haven't had to purchase any software yet to download my designs. I am unable to view them in color or on my computer, but I saw how they looked when I downloaded them and I just stitch them out as a sample and file them away til ready to use them. However saying that, I am now starting to look around for software as I want to do more customizing now.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by donnacollierbess
I'd love to hear and see any embroidery projects. So far I've been working on dish towels I got from the dollar store. I did put a name on a golf shirt but it wasn't easy. Ideas anyone?
When working with t-shirt/golf shirt materials, I tend to put a tear away stabilizer on the bottom and a clear plastic melt away stabilizer on top... helps to keep the design from sinking into the fabric.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:25 AM

Beautiful!

Originally Posted by Mary L Booth
Originally Posted by Krystyna
My husband bought me a Baby Lock Sofia 2 for Christmas and I can't tell you how much fun I'm having with it. I've made quilt blocks, t-shirts, and the possibilities are endless. It only has a 4x4 hoop and I initially thought that the size would limit me, but unless I'm going to do tapestry wall hangings or something (NOT) it is just fine. I love it.
I have the Brother 700 and the Design lite software so I can download designs. I have made a few embroidery quilts and love how it adds to the quilt. Here is one you can see
Old 06-18-2011, 11:15 AM

This is what I posted recently about this very subject. Have fun picking out your new machine.

I absolutely love machine embroidery and encourage you to buy a machine. As for what machine??? You will hear many opinions. In all honesty, there are many quality embroidery/sewing machines available.

Do you have any sewing machine dealers in your community? I really think that is the place to go. A good dealer is invaluable. They will warranty/service your machine, offer you free user classes and just support you in all that you do.

They also have trade-ins available. If I had to do it over again I would really look at the trade-ins. I think you can get more machine for your money this way. Some sewers trade their machines in quite frequently because a new model is available and they think they need the latest and greatest. This means, there are many gently used machines available, and you can purchase them at a greatly reduced cost. The dealer will warranty the machine, and again, offer you free classes.

My advice to you is too check out the different brands and spend the time test driving them. Get a feel for the support you could expect from the dealer. Go to the websites of the different manufacturers to see their product lines. If you can, request brochures so you can compare features at your leisure at home before you go for test drives. You will be more informed that way, because it can be a bit overwhelming. Good luck in your search. Here are some websites.

http://www.husqvarnaviking.com

http://www.babylock.com/

http://www.babylock.com/

http://www.brother-usa.com/homesewing/

http://www.berninausa.com/

http://www.pfaffusa.com/
Old 06-18-2011, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by SitzSewing
I agree with Jean, embroidery is NOT a cheap hobby.
I have a Brother 1500 D and I love it, it comes with a 5x7 and 8x10 hoop. Was easy for me as a beginner to learn.

Price example: I got my machine for $2400--on sale then I had to buy the software to be able to download designs--$700. Stabelizer 12-20$, thread 3-5 dollars a spool.

Maybe you will be fortunate as me and the machine will be on sale(1/2 price) and they will offer you the 60 spools of Pacesetter thread for $199.00. If your not sure, just buy the basic Brother Disney embroidery machine. Good luck.
What type of needles do you use on your machine. I have only had mine since Christmas and do not know which is the best. Also some of the threads keep breaking even being the new and I was told to put it in the fridge for a while, have you heard about that before? I hate the idea of paying good money for the bigger reels only to have them continually break--it is most annoying.Brother thread are so expensive for such small reels that is why I want the bigger reels. My machine is a Brother1500D too.