Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Embroidery Machines >

Embroidery Machines

Embroidery Machines

Old 05-01-2011, 07:05 AM

I have a Bernina 440QE with the embroidery module and I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! I have had it for just a little over 2 years and it sews and stitches like a dream! :D
Old 05-01-2011, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by bobquilt3
Originally Posted by quiltinNsmilin
When I went out to buy my first embroidery machine, I looked at the Bernina -because of the stitch regulator feature. It was a beautiful machine but way beyond my price range. My best friend had a Brother Innovis 2500, so that's the one I looked at and fell in love with. ( She now has a quattro 6000D - that has so many bells& whistles & videos that it talks to you....weird)

My machine came with a lot of good tools and I received two huge selections of threads and bobbins. Eight years and literally 28 million stitches later, it is still going strong. I get it professionally cleaned and serviced every 5 million stitches. It's a work horse.
How do you count the stitches? . ?
I have a babylock-love it. The machine counts the stitches for you. And every design you do also tells you how many stitches are in the design.

:P :P
Old 05-01-2011, 08:45 AM

When I started out in embroidery, I had two Singers XL 1000 and XL5000. Then moved on to a Brother 4000D and just recently upgraded to the Brother Quatro. The Brothers are hands down much better machines.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:00 AM

I have Designer I from Husqvarna and I love it. You can use it to spice up quilts and make labels for your quilts, as well as decorate clothing, especially for children. You might be able to get a traded in model for cheaper from a dealer, or they offer financing.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:06 AM

It's a computerized machine and has tons of programmed designs already in it. It also has tons of fancy stitches and many information pages you can access on the screen. It has a stitch counter that denotes how many stitches you've made since it was first used and it also keeps track of how many stitches you've done since it was last serviced. It also has a feature that allows you to go back to where you left off. So, if you were in the middle of, say a 70,000 stitch piece and had to stop, you can turn it off and then go back to where you stopped and start right up.
I have used it hard and done all the inventory for three large trade shows. I've taken it all over the country with me when I travel
and it just keeps turning out beautiful stuff.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:58 PM

I have a Janome 350E amd also a Janome 9500. They are so user friendly, even my 8 year old grand daughter can choose the design and shrink/ enlarge or flip it with out help. If you are easily challenged, this is the machine for you. Anyone can use them.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by JJC
Originally Posted by PamB8s
My husband asked me what I wanted for my 10th wedding anniversary and I have been thinking about an embroidery machine. I don't want to do anything professionally. Just home embroidery, gifts, enhancing quilts. etc. Tell me in your opinion whats a great one to have. Thanks so much, Have a blessed day.
How about the Bernina 830. Oh how I would love to have one of those machines.
Me too. I have a Bernina 640 and love love love it
Old 05-01-2011, 03:06 PM

My first was the Brother 350 what a work horse but only a 4X4 design VERY user friendly now have a Janome 9500 and have been so busy piecing that i only tried it out.

I can be VERY addictive!!!
Old 05-01-2011, 04:23 PM

I inherited my friend's Elna Envision 8007. It sews so beautiful, but I have no clue how the embroidery on it works, and I have the book that came with it. I am wondering if it had a book just for the embroidery part. Wish I could find someone who could tell me how to use it. I have a Janome 350E and a 9500. The embroidery on them is so user friendly, for someone like me who is not very gadget minded!
Old 05-01-2011, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by skothing
As I ask this question I am hoping I don't offend anyone. How old are you and do you have children? If you are under 40 it is a no brainier. I would buy the diamond by Viking for several reasons. The feet are cheaper and the extras are cheaper. It is easier to download designs. But with all this said which dealer is the one closer to you and you trust? Dealers are important in the selection as they will help trouble shoot. And if you are younger than me (60 +) you will get the benefit of a more advanced machine. Do not even look at the Ruby it has many problems.
The JoAnn's in my area (Utah) all have a husq-viking dealer inside them and they are all uniform because they are all trained by husq-viking. I could go to any of them and pretty much get the same service.
I got my Tin Lizzie from Floyd and Lizzie's here and they are also a husq-viking dealer.