Thread: Storms
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 06:36 AM
arimuse

Fri nite we were in a houseboat and a storm came thru so fast and so hard the water was blowing straight up off the lake. Scared me so bad, electric went out, it was dead black by 7PM.
My brother said at 11PM that same storm blew thru the farm so fast and hard, he uses a woodstove in the winter and the wind blew thru the flu and kicked open the little door in thestove an got dust all over, and by the time he ran to the door it had blown thru the yard - he was thinking there was a tornado coming. The next AM he saw a fence blown down in the garden into the bean patch, and the corn looked like a crop circle! That must be how theyre made - wind micro bursts.
Same thing happened again last nite. We ran to the grocery for a few things just before closing, hot, humid no air moving - when we got back to the car and loaded the few bags there was lightning and a wind came across the parking lot carrying a wall of dust. We live a block from the grocery and by the time we got home, the streetlights were flickering and our patio umbrella was flying across the yard. hubs went to close the garage and I chased the umbrella and the lights went out and stayed out 4 hrs! It rained an inch - Ive never seem weather like this anywhere Ive lived. sharet