Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Storms

We have had storms yesterday and today. The winds have been terrible. We had slight damage to the outside shed this morning and others lost trees. Will someone please get Mother Nature to eat chocolate!

maybe Mother Nature has PMS!!

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    It's been storming here all morning. Constant lightning and thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by ptquilts
    maybe Mother Nature has PMS!!
    If she does, I sure wish she would take something for it!

Blog Entries
    I wish we were getting the rain, we sure need it. Don't want the strong winds you can keep that, just joking

It sounds like it is going to storm to night rumbeling is getting closer and weather station is worning about high winds and tornados

I vote with ptquilts I think she's suffering from a severe case of PMS!

Eeek. We're leaving tomorrow for Southern IL. I've noticed that they've been continually getting hit with angry storms.

grayma....you don't live far from me (I am in Troy). We are suppose to have another morning storm tomorrow morning(sunday).

I heard where Waterloo and Columbia were w/o power.

Hope its all been restored.

When the storms came yesterday and this morning I hopped back in bed and covered up. So cozy! Glad the sirens didn't go off or I would had to get up and go to basement.
    Good luck!

Blog Entries
    Not here, we've got the dog day summer with no rains yet.

Maybe, just maybe a small rain storm might cool it down around here for a spell.

We just had a hot day yesterday, however only about 45-50 miles east of us there were tornado warnings. The building clouds were just something to see. The power of nature is beautiful, but oh so scary when its above. The sun was shining on the thunder heads and made an awesome display. Fortunately there were no tornado's, just rain. We were working in the yard and could see the display to our east.

Woke up to storms today in central Ky, tremendous lightning too. I stepped onto my deck to get the cats bowl from last night just as a bolt of lightning stuck close by, there was this brilliant flash, I jumped back in the door quickly about the time thunder crashed on top of my house. That was close, too close. Anyway, we're under a severe weather threat for the week. . . . And I thought severe weather season was over for us. Oh well.. .

Cathy S/Willowwind

Funny to just be reading this, the thunder has been jolting me all morning. Another boom happened as I was typing. It's about nine in the morning on Sunday here.

The NOAH radio was going off all night again. We had severe storms again! When is this going to stop?

Fri nite we were in a houseboat and a storm came thru so fast and so hard the water was blowing straight up off the lake. Scared me so bad, electric went out, it was dead black by 7PM.
    My brother said at 11PM that same storm blew thru the farm so fast and hard, he uses a woodstove in the winter and the wind blew thru the flu and kicked open the little door in thestove an got dust all over, and by the time he ran to the door it had blown thru the yard - he was thinking there was a tornado coming. The next AM he saw a fence blown down in the garden into the bean patch, and the corn looked like a crop circle! That must be how theyre made - wind micro bursts.
    Same thing happened again last nite. We ran to the grocery for a few things just before closing, hot, humid no air moving - when we got back to the car and loaded the few bags there was lightning and a wind came across the parking lot carrying a wall of dust. We live a block from the grocery and by the time we got home, the streetlights were flickering and our patio umbrella was flying across the yard. hubs went to close the garage and I chased the umbrella and the lights went out and stayed out 4 hrs! It rained an inch - Ive never seem weather like this anywhere Ive lived. sharet

oh, I sure wish you could send that all this way. We went 9 months without a drop of rain. The a couple weeks ago, we had 3 hours of light rain one day, and 1/2 hr the next. There just isn't something quite fair with all this. Somebody invent a way to get the rain here when you get to much, you'll become a billionair.

I live in south central Saskatchewan and we have had so much rain. My home town which is 65 miles away is flooded. The highway from where we live to down there is closed due to flooding. In my 56 years that highway has never been flooded. The middle of the town is underwater and several of the restaurants and fast food places are flooded. Here in Regina our subways always flood when we have large rains like this. The mosquito are horrible.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cctx.
    Not here, we've got the dog day summer with no rains yet.

Maybe, just maybe a small rain storm might cool it down around here for a spell.
    We were down your way last weekend. I was heartbroken to see all the fields with dead corn crop in them. The sorghum and cotton looked fine, though. We need rain desperately.

Blog Entries
    SC has been having a multitude
    of storms and damage.
    My power was off for 3-1/2 hours on
    Wednesday. A giant oak tree hit the
    power lines up on Main Street.

Had winds at GSP Airport to 63 mph.

Greenville & Spartanburg out larger
    cities had power outages for a full
    day. J J

Ha Ha if you really need chocolates I am on visit in Switzerland, can I send you some? (just joking, storms are frightening I am so sorry for people suffering all these bad storms wherever.

I'm sorry you are having this awful weather too. We have lost our roof to hail for the second time in 8 years. We had two hail storms two weeks apart. Garden slashed, vinyl punctured, all the grit off the roof, out building ruined and two trees ruined--one twisted out of the ground at ground level and one broken off 3/4 of the way down. Do hope you are able to get it repaired soon. We will have to wait for a year at least to get ours done; the roofers are overwhelmed at this point.

I'm sorry you are having this awful weather too. We have lost our roof to hail for the second time in 8 years. We had two hail storms two weeks apart. Garden slashed, vinyl punctured, all the grit off the roof, out building ruined and two trees ruined--one twisted out of the ground at ground level and one broken off 3/4 of the way down. Do hope you are able to get it repaired soon. We will have to wait for a year at least to get ours done; the roofers are overwhelmed at this point.

Blog Entries
    Lets all think a minute.........do you think someone is trying to tell us some thing???? Nobody listened to Noah either as he diligently kept building the ark. Til he crawled in and God shut the door. Then they woke up, but to late!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by carolynjo
    Oh my, that is terrible! Hope the roofers work faster so that you do not get more damage.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by busygranny
    Lets all think a minute.........do you think someone is trying to tell us some thing???? Nobody listened to Noah either as he diligently kept building the ark. Til he crawled in and God shut the door. Then they woke up, but to late!!!!!!!
    I think you are right. God has been taken out of too many things.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast