Storms

Old 06-19-2011, 04:08 AM

We just had a hot day yesterday, however only about 45-50 miles east of us there were tornado warnings. The building clouds were just something to see. The power of nature is beautiful, but oh so scary when its above. The sun was shining on the thunder heads and made an awesome display. Fortunately there were no tornado's, just rain. We were working in the yard and could see the display to our east.
Old 06-19-2011, 04:30 AM

Woke up to storms today in central Ky, tremendous lightning too. I stepped onto my deck to get the cats bowl from last night just as a bolt of lightning stuck close by, there was this brilliant flash, I jumped back in the door quickly about the time thunder crashed on top of my house. That was close, too close. Anyway, we're under a severe weather threat for the week. . . . And I thought severe weather season was over for us. Oh well.. .

Cathy S/Willowwind
Old 06-19-2011, 04:58 AM

Funny to just be reading this, the thunder has been jolting me all morning. Another boom happened as I was typing. It's about nine in the morning on Sunday here.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:42 AM

The NOAH radio was going off all night again. We had severe storms again! When is this going to stop?
Old 06-19-2011, 06:36 AM

Fri nite we were in a houseboat and a storm came thru so fast and so hard the water was blowing straight up off the lake. Scared me so bad, electric went out, it was dead black by 7PM.
My brother said at 11PM that same storm blew thru the farm so fast and hard, he uses a woodstove in the winter and the wind blew thru the flu and kicked open the little door in thestove an got dust all over, and by the time he ran to the door it had blown thru the yard - he was thinking there was a tornado coming. The next AM he saw a fence blown down in the garden into the bean patch, and the corn looked like a crop circle! That must be how theyre made - wind micro bursts.
Same thing happened again last nite. We ran to the grocery for a few things just before closing, hot, humid no air moving - when we got back to the car and loaded the few bags there was lightning and a wind came across the parking lot carrying a wall of dust. We live a block from the grocery and by the time we got home, the streetlights were flickering and our patio umbrella was flying across the yard. hubs went to close the garage and I chased the umbrella and the lights went out and stayed out 4 hrs! It rained an inch - Ive never seem weather like this anywhere Ive lived. sharet
Old 06-19-2011, 07:19 AM

oh, I sure wish you could send that all this way. We went 9 months without a drop of rain. The a couple weeks ago, we had 3 hours of light rain one day, and 1/2 hr the next. There just isn't something quite fair with all this. Somebody invent a way to get the rain here when you get to much, you'll become a billionair.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:31 AM

I live in south central Saskatchewan and we have had so much rain. My home town which is 65 miles away is flooded. The highway from where we live to down there is closed due to flooding. In my 56 years that highway has never been flooded. The middle of the town is underwater and several of the restaurants and fast food places are flooded. Here in Regina our subways always flood when we have large rains like this. The mosquito are horrible.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by cctx.
Not here, we've got the dog day summer with no rains yet.

Maybe, just maybe a small rain storm might cool it down around here for a spell.
We were down your way last weekend. I was heartbroken to see all the fields with dead corn crop in them. The sorghum and cotton looked fine, though. We need rain desperately.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:10 AM

SC has been having a multitude
of storms and damage.
My power was off for 3-1/2 hours on
Wednesday. A giant oak tree hit the
power lines up on Main Street.

Had winds at GSP Airport to 63 mph.

Greenville & Spartanburg out larger
cities had power outages for a full
day. J J
Old 06-19-2011, 08:36 AM

Ha Ha if you really need chocolates I am on visit in Switzerland, can I send you some? (just joking, storms are frightening I am so sorry for people suffering all these bad storms wherever.