Old 06-19-2011, 09:28 AM
Opal Jane

I woke up this morning with chest pains. Nothing severe but I definitely knew something was wrong. After breakfast the pain was still in my chest and now heading towards my shoulder. Of course I went on my favorite website (webmd) to do some research....bottomline my self diagnosis was angina. I remained calm as I told my husband I think we need to go to the hospital as I am not feeling well. I have to remain calm because he panics easily and does not have a poker face. After EKG, blood work and chest Xrays there is nothing heart related causing the pain. At this point the dr. said it could be muscular/skeltal or the beginning stages of shingles. What? Not shingles.....no way...I was sent home with pain meds and was told to contact my dr. if the chest pain got worse or if I break out in hives on my chest within 72 hours (signs of shingles). Pain is still there but I am able to tolerate somewhat as I am no longer getting myself all worked up that it was heart related. Just had to talk about it as I have no family close by to talk with. After I take the pain med, I think I'll veg out in front of the T.V. and try to work on my english paper piecing project.