Old 06-20-2011, 08:26 AM
Thusnelda

I'm so frustrated. I'm the (currently not so) lucky owner of a Pfaff Quilt Expression 4.0. A little less than three years ago I allowed myself this luxury and (considering my budget) coughed up a huge amount of money. The machine with all its little well thought-out extras is simply amazing, it makes sewing life so much easier. So much easier, if it works correctly, that is.

My machine constantly has tension problems. Before having it serviced, the top tension was too low and I constantly ended up with having loops on the bottom side. Now, after having sewn less than three weeks after getting my machine back, the top tension seems too tight and I have loops on the top. I tried everything, different thread, new needle, etc. It improves slightly, when I fiddle around with the top tension, but it seems to me, that I shouldn't have to set this manually every time I start sewing.

Does anyone have any suggestions, tips, piece of advice? Could it be, that I stupidly do something wrong? Does anyone have experiences with the same machine? Any help or friendly pat on the shoulder is more than welcome. I already feel better for just having been able to write everything down here.