View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 06:20 PM
cabinqltr

We had a stray cat come to visit several months ago. It started coming daily and of course I put feed out as it was very cold and he used an old dog house we have (NO dog here,just a house) as my husband made a nice straw bed in it for whatever wanted to stay and get warm. He became nice and friendly and I petted him and he loved it. Well--- on Good Friday Morning I fed and petted him and all of a sudden he attacked my hand biting my right wrist and a big tooth went in beside the vein on the inside of my wrist. I came in the house and washed it and peroxided it and a bandaid with antibiotic creme on it. I had had a sinus infection as was on antibiotics so I thought it would be ok. Well, in 2 hours it started to swell and get red by the time we were finished with our evening meal it was really swelled and red and a streak going toward my armpit. We went to ER and 3 1/2 hours later came home after having a tetnus shot a bag of intervenous antibiotic and 8 rabies shots, 4 of which were in my wrist all around the bite.-not fun. Since that time I have had 3 more shots and get one more on May 8 to finish up. Needless to say there will be no more feeding stray cats. Just a warning as to what can happen.
Ruth