Old 06-21-2011, 10:55 AM
selm

Originally Posted by sewobsessed1
Originally Posted by Jazz
Seriously? Y'all change your needles that often? I've never heard of this rule! I never change my needles until one breaks --maybe every hundred or so sewing hours -- and I've never had a problem.
I don't change mine until it breaks either! Of course, my reason is because I simply can't afford to. Heck, I've sewn for years with the same needle! If I knew how to do the embarrassed face, it would be right -----> here.
No need for the embarrassed face. Good for you. You're the smart one. If it works why not? I change mine haphazardly and keep a pin cushion for different sized needles I haven't used much to save for future use. I learned somewhere to mark off sections of the pin cushion for the different sizes. I even sub divide sections by Universal needles and ballpoint. I pretty much change a needle when it 'feels' like its time. This is for my domestic machine. When I use my long-arm I change the needle for each customer quilt but will do several small-medium quilts with one needle if they are my own and usually don't have a problem.

:lol: