View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 01:09 PM
patricej
Administrator

Originally Posted by mireelmar
Please give me some advice here. I just want to know what you think and if I'm doing something wrong...

Sorry for such a long post...
i wasn't there so i'm not even going to try forming an opinion about whether or not you were doing anything wrong. i can only say that it doesn't sound to me as though you were in any way negligent.

i'm also not going to harrass you about smoking. we gassers get more than enough of that, don't we? drunks, junkies, hookers and pedophiles get more sympathy and respect. :roll:

my hope for you is that somebody in your life figures out soon that the way to help you quit (so you save money, smell better and feel better) is not to nag or criticize, but to help you with kindness, understanding and support once you make up your own mind to battle the habit.

a friend of mine invested in the shot described at this website. she says it's working for her. i plan to give it a try as soon as i've saved up. that way, i can still go even if my insurance won't cover it.

http://www.quitdoc.com/patient/price.html

when somebody starts kvetching about your habit, pull out a donation can so they can drop in some cash to get you closer. :wink:

in the meantime, as long as you to continue taking all possible steps to keep it away from baby, as well as from friends and family who don't share the habit, it's nobody's business but your own.