View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 01:59 PM
nana2

Quilting and quilting friends offer many of us a way to keep our minds and hands busy and offers us the opportunity to share each others joys and sorrows. We can prop each other up and keep on going even though we have different back grounds and have a large span in our ages. Quilting allows us the opportunity to give a part of ourselves to our family, like our grand children and to our friends. The sharing and learning how to create an old pattern with a different technique helps each one of us make it thru another day and perhaps the next day will be easier. We never forget those we love, and in time the sorrow of losing them can be overshadowed in remembering the enjoyment of having had them touch our lives. From my view point as a woman, I find strength to keep on keeping on in thinking of other women whom I see doing the same thing and most of the time under much more difficult circumstances than I have. It is wonderful that interwoven in our exchange of ideas, and the "how to" accomplish certain tasks that we can slow down and say,"Today my heart is sad" and know that others are there to support us in our effort to continue on.