Old 06-21-2011, 06:05 PM
no1jan

I have 11 machines, unless there is one in the attic I forgot about.

I have my Featherweight which I love and take out on the back porch or on vacation to sew. I figure at night when everyone is sitting on the deck just talking, I can accomplish something, while still watching a fire and having a conversation.

I have my original Janome 419S, a low end because with my eyes I didn't think I could sew.

Then I got into the vintage machines:
I have a Singer Red Eye treadle named after my MIL which sews like a dream if someone else is sewing on it. I haven't got the coordination down yet. :cry: I use it for show mostly until our basement is finished off.

I have a Singer 66 electric which is in my living room and I love the stitches it makes. It doesn't have a backstitch, but I tie off the ends. The stitches are PERFECT! I love it for piecing. I use this machine almost daily.

I have a Janome 1600P which I have attached to a midarm frame. I only use the machine for quilting, although I can take it off the frame and use it for regular sewing.

I have my newest, a Janome MC6600P, which I love. It has the accufeed features along with a lot of specialty stitches. She is my main machine to use when appliqueing, etc. I use this one as it is in my sewing room but I hate to turn on the air conditioner if I am going to only be up there a short time. I also bring this to class if there are any specialty stitches or quilting to be done.

I have a Singer 201 in a cabinet, a Singer 99 in a case, and a Singer 27, also a Singer (that I don't even know what the model is that was given to me). I don't use these machines at the moment. They all work well and have nice stitches, but for convenience sake I use the other machines. These are there for backups if needed. I may get rid of these someday.

I also have a 1911 Singer 66 Treadle in the basement that I am refurbishing using Lostn51's directions. I need to put a couple of parts back on her and shine her up and refinish the cabinet. But the rest is finished.

Oh, I forgot, I have a Kenmore, which is the machine from HELL! Since day one it will not keep the stitches regulated. I have had this for about 30 years and it does have a lot of use in the past, but I think I have spent equal time regulating the tension to make the stitches look correct!

The last thing I made on this machine was a denim rag quilt. Came out great, until I washed it. :cry: :evil: Some of the stitches broke loose and now I have to repair it. I has been on the back right side of my couch for a year. My cat uses it to sleep on at times. But to mend to me is a 4 letter word! I may end selling this but telling them that it needs work. or just give it away. It is frustrating to look at.

I still want an embroidery machine, so see you can never have too many machines!

Now I am into collecting Singer purses also!