View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 08:30 PM
amma
Power Poster

Hon, 25+ years ago I have had women come up to me and threaten to turn me in for daring to swat my childs behind for misbehaving and slapping their hands and one actually did turn me in! Believe me, they were not hurt, but were in need of discipline when talking was not doing any good. CPS showed up about 2 hours after we got home and were not happy to have been called out on a blatant false claim. She must have followed me home to get my address :roll: I had one mother threaten to turn me in when my 3yr old threw herself on the floor of the grocery store and had one BIG whopping fit... and I layed down beside her and threw one too!! She said that I was abusing my daughter by embarrasing her in public :roll: I just told her to do what she needed to do.... Another time we were at a park and I surprised my kids with a planned food fight, (they had been talking about how fun that would be) I grabbed a handful of food and started throwing it... she did not see they were laughing, all she heard across the park was the yelling and carrying on... the police showed up as we were cleaning it all up and they went back to tell her there were laws against making false claims :roll: Even now with the grandkids, I have been the receiver of those "looks" when I threaten to spank their butts when we are out in public or actually do it... There are many people out there who stick their noses where they do not belong! Life is easier if you can just let it roll off of your shoulders and not let it get to you :wink: :wink: :wink: