View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 04:40 AM
ButtercreamCakeArtist

My opinion on this is that, oh, I don't know...I'll say 20 years ago or more, girls were more into sewing and quilting and baking and making things not only because they had to, but there wasn't all this other stuff "out there". Technology...tv, video games, computers, etc. comes along and becomes more popular and more accessible to everyone, seems like the more traditional "hobbies" are left behind by most. Why cook for a day, when a microwave can nuke it in 60 seconds!? Well, I cook, but I also use a microwave sometimes, lol. That's just an example.
I've always been interested in crafty things, even as a little girl. I guess you either have the craft/create bug or you don't. My SIL (live2teach) is the only other person in my age group (that I can think of that I know personally) that also quilts (among many other cool things).
And, yes, I'm still in my twenties. Sometimes I think I must have a really old soul or something. Don't know. I do know I'm interested in a lot of things......
and I hope nobody takes offense in what I said. I don't mean that you are old if you aren't 20. That's not what I'm saying at all. Sometimes I feel like I've been around for hundreds of years.