Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting in your 20's >

Quilting in your 20's

Quilting in your 20's

Old 04-28-2009, 01:37 PM

The reason I love this forum is that it is full of kind wonderful people of all ages. However I am the youngest quilter I personally know. I would love to get to know younger quilters like myself.

Please no one take we me wrong I really do appreciate everyone here and love the knowlegde everyone is able to pass along. I don't think I would have gotten this far without the wisdom and motivation that comes from this board.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:46 PM

a4ohio, I know where you are coming from, as I am 25 years old. I started quilting when I was 20 years old, but I didn't know anyone else who quilted. When I moved to graduate school I met a couple of classmates who also quilted, and now we have started our oun quilt guild which helps get new people into quilting at our University. If there are any universities around you check them out, maybe they have a quilt group for students and young people. Happy quilting.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:47 PM

I am not in my 20's any more!! :D
But when I quilt, I feel like I am in my 20's!! :D
It's just so fun.
Cheryl
:D :D :D
Old 04-28-2009, 01:57 PM

I am 26 years old!! I am new to quilting. I am awaiting the arrival of fabric in the mail to start my very first quilt. I have sewed many other items, and my first love is crochet, so now I decided to tackle quilting. I don't know anyone my age who quilts either!! But it is okay with me, I enjoy the knowledge and kindness that quilters older than me provide!

My boyfriend calls me an old granny because I crochet, sew, and read. What can I say...I am wise beyond my years!!!
Old 04-28-2009, 02:27 PM

I'm 21 :) I went to a class, and everyone was baffled that I wanted to learn to quilt at 20...lol
Old 04-28-2009, 03:01 PM

I started when I was 30. Joined a guild and I was the youngest there. I think it's great that you're starting young. That just means more time for you to make quilts!! :D
Old 04-28-2009, 03:30 PM

I started in my 20s. Actually, there are a few teens on the board, too.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:55 PM

I am in my mid 30's and started quilting about a year ago. I also enjoy other types of sewing projects as well but coming here and getting to know some people here has been the best. chris
Old 04-28-2009, 05:21 PM

I am 35. I have been quilting for about two years now. I always feel funny walking into a class and everyone else is a lot older then me. It is fun though! They start talking about when their kids were young! Plus they are so happy that the 'younger' generation is finally starting to enjoy this tradition!!!
And from what I have seen on here, we have the next generatin already started!
This board has been the best find since I started quilting!!! (except maybe my LQS)!!! Thanks everyone!!
Kendra
Old 04-28-2009, 06:03 PM

One thing I've learned from quilting is that there are A LOT of baby boomers out there. I used to think I just liked weird things (maybe I do) but then I realized that the reason that you find people a generation older than me everywhere is that there were just A LOT of them. I'm 38 and I started quilting 2 years ago and when I go to guild meetings there may not be anyone younger than I. But, that aside, I do have 2 quilter friends my age that I found outside of meetings. Try and get your friends interested - maybe they'll get hooked like we did!