View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 05:44 AM
kwhite

I cannot add any advice to all of the wonderful advice you have already been given, so I will simply tell you a short story. I am your child in 48 years. I am the product of unwed parents who smoked. I had a good home for the most part. Going to school smelling like smoke though was a source of embarrasment for me my whole life. When I was 8 we learned of the dangers of smoking in school and I came home crying begging my mom to stop smoking. She did.......... 30 years later right before they removed her lung from lung cancer. My 13 year old had to be a caregiver for my mom for the last 10 months of her life as she layed dieing of the cancer in my home. She told me over and over in those last months that she wishes that she would have listened to me when I was 8. You may think it does not effect your daughter since it is your habit. It does!!! and will for the rest of her life. You sound like you love your daughter. Love her enought to quit smoking for her. You gave birth, you can quit. Us women are the strongest people on earth. You can do this. Good luck.