View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 05:56 AM
Maride

I have collected many magazines for years. I find that they have pattern after pattern and I am not one to follow patterns. I tend to do my own thing and even though I look at patterns for inspiration, I don't follow every detail of them. That was a long way to say that I don't use magazine patterns, because you end up with a pattern that many paople have and is not unique. There! I now made it even longer.

I came across Quilter's Home by Mark Lipinsky and was fascinated by the way he includes product eveluations, recommendations, recipes, and some very interesting articles. I found myself reading it from cover to cover and I never did that with a quilting magazine before. It has 3 patterns per issue, but I guess by now you now how I feel about patterns. I can recommend this magazine to everyone that ask my opinion. He has a very refreshing way to see things, but many people don't like his style. I do. You can pick it up at JoAnns's or Sam's club, and see for yourself if his style is right for you before you subscribe to it. It tends to be a little pricy, but worth every penny.

Maria