Old 06-23-2011, 04:59 AM
MYWR

Originally Posted by Just-Lee
I took my machine for it's free servicing, where it is supposed to be completely checked out and "cleaned"-HA, what a joke that is! Anyway, it just needed minor adjustments for the overwinding bobbin and reverse associated loops, as well as "cleaning". Well, when I unpacked it, I notice a ton of holes in the plate (whatever you call it) around the feed dogs! Well, before I took it in, the plastic bobbin window/ access did not open very easily, but I managed ok. Apparently, they didn't like it, so they installed some thingamajig and now the window flies completely off of the machine and onto the floor...and there are 6, yes 6 holes, in the plate now. It's awful! I did not even mention any problems that I was having with it, so why would they mutilate my plate?? ARGGGGGGGG :evil:

Cleaning...I cleaned it before I took it in and it looks worse now. What is involved when dealers clean machines? How do you really know if they cleaned inside? I had lint all down around the bobbin case and everything, which had been cleaned before I took it in! Makes me mad and I really don't think you get what you pay for. I have big trust issues when I feel I have been mislead, so maybe I should just stick with the oldies that I can learn to fix/ service myself??
Always ask for the price before hand and make sure they call before they do anything else
obviously you need to find someone else to do your repairs. DH uses the compressor to blowo ut my mchines after each quilt or project but I take them in for an 'oil and lube' once a year - but I would rather travel further than deal with peoplep like that