View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 12:43 PM
Belles.hold

I've subscribed to Quilter's Newsletter for 12 years and was terribly disappointed when the magazine changed their format. :( The editors have hired columnists who own a company that seems to be mentioned quite often in their columns. Or a column is written about fishing - or - prodding quilters to buy lots of items from vendors at quilt shows because the vendors came to the show! In fact, at the recent Spring Quilts, Inc. show in Rosemont, IL, a woman in the Quilter's Newsletter booth asked me to subscribe to Quilter's Newsletter. I replied that I just cancelled my subscription and before I could explain why, she offered the excuse that "You don't like the new format". So, she must have received that comment from a lot of quilt show attendees. OK, now that I've "dissed" Quilter's Newsletter, I'm going to praise their sister publication - QUILTMAKER, which has lots of patterns and interesting articles. But I also subscriber to Fons & Porter Love of Quilting and Quilter's World - both good mags.