View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 03:13 PM
annyroony2

Originally Posted by Just-Lee
Originally Posted by annyroony2
If you want to quit smoking, you can. All you have to do is to make that commitment to yourself and KEEP IT. I quit cold turkey after smoking for over 40 years. I was and still am very proud of myself!! I love to challenge myself and believe me that was quite a challenge.

Just remember, you are one puff away from a pack a day, so don't smoke that one!!!
How did you get past the anxiety, or was that a problem for you?? I have an extremely horrible, emotional time..crying, try sleeping to get past that feeling, etc. I can't function like that. I must quit, but I don't want to have a nervous breakdown doing it! Wow, that sounds very pathetic, but it really is that bad for me :(
I just took it one day at a time. I didn't say it was easy. It was not. I was in a fog for about a week and then it started to get better. I did a lot of walking, sewing, dusting, anything I could do to keep busy. Then I started noticing that I was really calmer inside. Smells were better, I was walking better and everything was better. BUT it is almost like you have to reprogram your life. Check out this website: www.whyquit.com. It is really a great site.