View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 06:12 PM
quiltmouse

Muv, I just watched your three vids. Your voice is totally charming! as a drawling midwesterner in USA, I just love your precise clipped syllables.

Adorable machines, too! There is a shiny plate on the singer, and we see (farve, I presume) get up, let you pass between him & the camera when you move from the left of the machine to the right and back again. (emphasizing your comment on small houses).

My house was built in 1911 and is 925 sq feet. When I see pics of quilts spread out on big open floors, I just look around & scratch my head. Exactly like you said, where do I put the furniture while I do that? LOL!!!

Oh, and beautiful quilt!!!

I always wondered about sewing on a handcrank, as it takes both hands to manage feeding fabric into my 1950's singer. (not in a cabinet).

But, as I watched you manipulate the flywheels on both machines, I noticed there is a difference. As they are not electric, and also heavy, the machine just sits there, you dont have the fibration one has with the electrics, so managing the fabric onehanded looks like it would be more do-able.

I hope you post a pic of sewing in action. :-D