Old 05-02-2009, 06:48 PM
omak

Originally Posted by Loretta
I agree with Shadow. I have two DILs from other countries and neither of them were familiar with quilting and the work and craftmanship that goes into them. I am sure the baby will love the quilt and it was a very nice thing to do!
Early in our marriage, my husband taught me something very special about giving. Give because that is what YOU want to do, irrespective of what happens next.
I don't think there is a quilter or handcrafter I have ever met that didn't love what they did and were eager to share the product, the process, the dreams. It is nice when someone gets excited about what you have done, but honestly - - you would have loved making that quilt just because you like quilting.
Know this - - your gift is never wasted. You may not ever get the response you were hoping for, and your abilities may never be recognized by the first recipient, but many people witnessed your giving, and will come in contact with that labor of love, and someday, somewhere, someone is going to know and understand that someone, at a point of time, thought enough of someone else to make a special gift. Your giving will not be in vain ... the blessings you wanted to express will continue long after the quilt left your hands, and you may never know what your thoughtfulness accomplished. But, there is Someone who does, and His opinion is better than all the thank yous that you will ever receive.