Thread: June Fabshophop
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 02:27 PM
Cheshirepat

Originally Posted by L8quilter
Cheshirepat, Thanks,that helps. Is Etsy an acronym? What are the shop hops? Where do you find out where to look for them? BTW I love your avatar!
Lol, see? One mystery under your belt! To do your question credit, I did look up to find out if Etsy stood for anything...it is NOT an acronym, and there seems to be some debate about it's origin - kept a mystery- I know not why.

Start Fabshop hopping by registering at:

http://www.fabshophop.com/

Once you do - it's like a treasure hunt. There is a BIG list of online stores - at each online store they have "hidden" a little bunny picture. Some give good clues to help you find them, others don't. The reason for "hunting" for them? Once you find the bunny, click and it will register your find with the Fabshophop site, and *some* of the bunnies will have a quilt block pattern...the point is to try to collect them ALL - for both a chance to win some nice prizes from the FSH gang, and to have a full quilt's worth of blocks! The block patterns are downloadable PDF files (you'll need Adobe Reader on your computer). It's mostly fun, but beware it can be tedious!

When they did the Slice of Pie quilt - each block had a recipe too, so did the cupcakes! Bonus!

TY for the compliment - my avatar is a picture of an UnFinished Object -my first try at a log cabin. Enjoy the hopping, if you do!