Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
June Fabshophop >

June Fabshophop

June Fabshophop

Old 06-27-2011, 02:13 PM

Cheshirepat, Thanks,that helps. Is Etsy an acronym? What are the shop hops? Where do you find out where to look for them? BTW I love your avatar!
Old 06-27-2011, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by L8quilter
Cheshirepat, Thanks,that helps. Is Etsy an acronym? What are the shop hops? Where do you find out where to look for them? BTW I love your avatar!
Lol, see? One mystery under your belt! To do your question credit, I did look up to find out if Etsy stood for anything...it is NOT an acronym, and there seems to be some debate about it's origin - kept a mystery- I know not why.

Start Fabshop hopping by registering at:

http://www.fabshophop.com/

Once you do - it's like a treasure hunt. There is a BIG list of online stores - at each online store they have "hidden" a little bunny picture. Some give good clues to help you find them, others don't. The reason for "hunting" for them? Once you find the bunny, click and it will register your find with the Fabshophop site, and *some* of the bunnies will have a quilt block pattern...the point is to try to collect them ALL - for both a chance to win some nice prizes from the FSH gang, and to have a full quilt's worth of blocks! The block patterns are downloadable PDF files (you'll need Adobe Reader on your computer). It's mostly fun, but beware it can be tedious!

When they did the Slice of Pie quilt - each block had a recipe too, so did the cupcakes! Bonus!

TY for the compliment - my avatar is a picture of an UnFinished Object -my first try at a log cabin. Enjoy the hopping, if you do!
Old 06-27-2011, 07:10 PM

What fun today has been. I've learned at least three new things and that was after summer school. (I am teaching reading for new 3rd graders). Looked at the Fabshophop link and it looks like lots of fun and a source for lots of new quilt ideas. Hope I can fit in some hopping and quilting before the new school year starts. Thanks again for the explanations! Love the colors or your Log Cabin UFO. By the way I always thought my first quilt would be a log cabin. Saw one 35 years ago and never have started one, but I just started quilting three years ago and one day I will make one.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:24 PM

Oh nuts, I think I still have 30ish to go! See ya!