Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
June Fabshophop >

June Fabshophop

June Fabshophop

Old 06-27-2011, 06:13 AM

Thank you Jennifer!
Old 06-27-2011, 06:17 AM

I still have about 20 shops to go. I agree this one was tough. But the sampler-Oh My.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:44 PM

I got my last 3...phew!!
Old 06-27-2011, 01:27 PM

Can someone clarify a few things for me? I have read about people going on a shop hop before but I sure had it wrong. I figured that it was a group of people visiting local quilt shops. It sounded like lots of fun and I thought I would watch for one near me. Now I have a new spin on it. Another term I haven't understood is ETSY. People mention my "etsy". I have seen it in their links and know it has something to do with things for sale(?) but what does it stand for? Ok, one more, avatar. I looked it up in the dictionary. Hindu - descent of a deity to earth manifesting a shape or incarnation of a god or manifestation of an abstract concept. I look at the quilts and they are beautiful, but is there a deeper meaning? I guess I am pretty literal so I don't always get it. Sometimes I feel like Alice (in Wonderland) having lots of fun, but not always knowing what is going on.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:34 PM

My first fabshophop was May 2011. There were some tough one, some that were loaded a few days into May but I found them all and got 20 something bonus bunnies.
June fabshophop was hard. There were many stores that had no hint and many that I believe didn't have the bunny loaded eventhough it was after teh middle of the month. I think some of the shops had a trigger to hold the bunny back until I had clicked around in their site. I did find them all and do have all the sampler patterns downloaded. It was harder.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:40 PM

*Finally*! A bunch of crazy people who hop - I found them! I look forward to sharing my clues the next 'hop round!
Old 06-27-2011, 01:49 PM

[quote=L8quilter]Can someone clarify a few things for me? meaning? quote]

I can help with a few! Etsy is a website (hang on to your credit card if you have never visited!) for handmade items...some crafting supplies...well, just go see it!

http://www.etsy.com/

They are an alternative to Ebay, however many are now turning to Artfire due to some of the Etsy policies and charges...

http://www.artfire.com/

Avatar - it's the 'picture' you identify yourself with on a message board. Many here use quilts, cats, kids... When you go to your My Profile page, you can upload an "Avatar" - helps board memebers easily see who you are, and it's fun to have some personal pictures to share w/others.

Hope that helped you on this side of the Looking Glass! ;-)
Old 06-27-2011, 01:50 PM

Great answers about the avatar and etsy. That helped me too. :) Some of the shops were just so easy, like 'click here for bunny' but there was one that you had to click on the lady's photo and keep clicking and keep, well, you get me, and then finally after what seemed like about 20 photos of her, the bunny came up. Whew! that one took a while. :0)
Old 06-27-2011, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Charleen DiSante
Great answers about the avatar and etsy. That helped me too. :) Some of the shops were just so easy, like 'click here for bunny' but there was one that you had to click on the lady's photo and keep clicking and keep, well, you get me, and then finally after what seemed like about 20 photos of her, the bunny came up. Whew! that one took a while. :0)
(bows) thanks! :) Yes!! That lady drives me crazy every month...lol.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:02 PM

Oh, good! thought I was being picky. What they don't realize is if we feel that way, we will most likely not go back to their site. Happy stitching! :)
Originally Posted by Cheshirepat
Originally Posted by Charleen DiSante
(bows) thanks! :) Yes!! That lady drives me crazy every month...lol.