Old 05-03-2009, 08:28 AM
Barbm

Last week end was my daughter's shower. I made 7 table runners for the "big"prizes. I wanted to see the reactions of those who won them. The best reaction was my sister- she says- well, it's about time I got something you made. Then a call later to say thank you and how she has it on her dining room table and she loves it. A few (including my step daughter) didn't even look in the bag or comment later.

My future DIL pulled hers out and said- I wonder how you knew I love tropical stuff. Winks at me and says guess where you'll see this. She loves all things quilted and is always willing to take my projects home. She is the owner of the ugly quilt, she uses it everyday on the bed.

I enjoyed making them. and after 8 of them, I finally made 1 for me! After 5 years I have something I quilted.

So, I guess it's all in who's receiving it- maybe they were never exposed to the fine art of quilting and the love that goes into our little treasures.

I know one thing Pam- you do AWESOME work! Anyone that ever receives one of your quilts is very very lucky!