Old 06-27-2011, 04:35 PM
QuiltswithConvicts

Originally Posted by Flossy
Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Flossy, you are so right about Beth Ann Williams. I wish she had more books out there as I love her designs. I have made just about all of the ones in her book. The Celtic cross I am quilting comes from an old grave marker I found years ago on the Internet when I was searching for more designs. I have a couple of books on designing your own knotwork, but haven't really used them much. I did refer to them while adding the fill to the cross, though. I can't get into the animals, though. Would love to see the Book of Kells in person!

Thank you so much for keeping us up to date with our Lace.
I dont much like the animals either, I have seen the book of Kells, but I believe it is only a replica, but they show a page a day of the actual book I think it is such a long time ago I forget.Angela Madden has a book "Sew Easy Celtic" I found this book very helpfull when designing my Celtic Quilt-not finished yet.I love her books and have several.You will have to book a trip to Ireland to see the book and come visit Lesley and myself. Love to see the cross.
I'd love to fly over there, but the TSA here is doing downright obscene things to passengers who fly. Nobody is putting their hands on this body & I'll be dipped if I'm gonna submit to a full body scan that shows enough of you to make it X-rated. Not gonna happen. Of course, I could save for the next 20 years and book a cruise. Bu then DH & I would be retired & could do that!

I'm going to look up Angela Madden. Thanks for the heads up!