View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 07:07 AM
jpthequilter

Originally Posted by skippitydodahquilts
Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
Originally Posted by skippitydodahquilts
I would keep it as light as possible, so you can see the 'true' color of your fabric :). Have fun!
The color of your lighting will have a bigger impact on seeing the "true" color of your fabrics than the wall color will.
I have the same lighting in two different rooms, and the color is different. I took some batiks that were clearly navy blue into my sewing room...took them into another room to look at the wall color with the batik and it looked black. :shock: Maybe it's because the two wall colors were so different, but that's just my experience.
I use as much daylight as possible...
My walls are china white, to get the most amount of light in my sewing room. In fact all the walls in my house are white and covered with a collection of hanging quilts in the brightest wildest colors possible!
Oranges and yellows tiger lillies, Red and white Sunbonnet Sue, Red and blue dragonfly, Purple Texas Star. Mixed all Kaufe Faucett reds blues all colors, that shouts glee! a many colored primary colors bargello wall hanging!
...and I can change it all in a few minutes!
That is right, the color of your walls will reflect onto the fabric, at least just a little. That is Ok, though, because everybody has a color family they like.
It is interesting to read that so many of the quilters who answered here have painted their walls Yellow! - my favorite color family!
Thinking - y'all have sunny personalities? YAY!
Jeannie