View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 08:36 AM
luvTooQuilt

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

I guess most like the accuracy of the cut..you can fan fold and have multiple cuts of any die.. I personally use mine for scraps.. less waste and more usable fabric.. so my pieces are already small..

the Applique is just that- those who dont want to cut them out.. I dont. not my cup of tea so i like the applique..

As for the strips,my guess- its for the convenience, but keep in mind everything has a learning curve. you may or may not master the cutting right away.. some fabrics will stretch ( use starch and less layers).. you get a few treads still that you may need to snip but thats quite normal.. that has to do with the the grain line- which the grain line is pretty important to avoid wonky, outta shape cuts.. .. this machine will only be as good as you are.. for some it takes longer to get the feel for it (me) and for some they get it right away..

Lovebug (ebony) has a website for accuquilt.. Ebony does great tutes and is super helpful..

www.quiltpossible.com