Old 05-03-2009, 07:27 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

When I started this thread I told about my son and our relationship. I thought I don't have any good things to say about my mom. She is very controlling and I am an only child. I feel like I never measure up and I have to "earn" her approval. \
I have thought about this all day. My DH and I moved into my dad's auto shop(dad's been gone since 1990) and remodeled it into a home.
So I am in my mom's back yard. We have struggled with our relationship and it is hard at times. But I love her and she loves me we just don't see life from the same point of view. She has never been one to play with me or do things with me her role in her eyes is to tell me how to do things to make me better by her standards. And my role is supposed to be to do as I am told only I am not good at doing as I am told!
I feel guilty because I don't really have any fond memories of times spent with her. But since we are living here now she and I are working at our relationship. Sometimes I enjoy her company and sometimes I feel like I am 5 years old again.

She has become a great Great Grandmother tho When the Grands are here she helps me with them and the other day she hugged my autistic grandson and he said you're squishing me! So she told him that was a squishy hug! So now they go around giving squishy hugs!!