Old 05-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

I'm still working on the letting go thing!! (getting mom's approval) and I'm now 53! and she is 76!
My oldest two kids were the best of friends ( they are a year apart)until they got into their teens. Then they couldn't be in the same room with each other without fighting! One would say something cutting before the other one got a chance to hit out. I sometimes think my mom and I are like that. But we are both trying.
My mom and my husband are both type A personalities and I am a type B. They want everything spotless and in it's place at all times. They are always 2 hours early for everything! My mom starts planning Thanksgiving dinner in June. She likes all the little details planned far i n advance and has it all written out. Down to how many and what kind of salt and pepper shakers to use. My husband is also one who likes everything done to perfection.
I on the other hand am my father's daughter! I am a slob and can walk around things for days before I even notice I need to deal with this or that. I get tunnel vision especially when I quilt which is most of every day.

I always say I feel like a bone between two dogs! But their nagging serves a purpose or i would never do household chores!! My mom bought my husband a dishwasher several years ago because he loves anything with a motor. So they gave up on me doing dishes!!! and we bought new washer and dryer recently and I have used it twice. Every time I start a load my husband takes over because I don't do it right! Oh well he's welcome to it!! He is handicapped and it gives him something to do.

I'm quite happy concentrating on my sewing!!! :mrgreen: