Old 06-29-2011, 12:46 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Follow-up to the bit about the TSA and their roving hands on airplane passengers. The State of Texas is debating legislature about making these pat searches a felony with prison time attached. Some scandal is brewing. TSA is threatening to cause all air flights to & from Texas to be stopped. Dallas & Houston are 2 major metro areas! Could get very intresting as several other states are considering doing the same thing. This has really gotten out of hand. Their searches are legalized groping & molesting.
That does sound a bit excessive Kathy. I recently went to the UK and I did get patted down, but never felt it was that intrusive, in fact I wondered what they would have found if I WAS carrying something, because they hardly seemed to touch me. So really, I suppose its all a question of technique?

On the other hand, I would rather everyone was checked if it meant that my flight was safer. I know that no pilot would take off if he felt there was any kind of problem, because he wants to get home as much as we do.