Thread: migraine
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 06:21 AM
writerwomen

Originally Posted by Gramof6
I have fought migraines for over 25 years. Have been on sev preventative types of meds and pain meds as well. When I had a heart attack 5 yrs ago, they yanked me off of the Imitrex. It worked pretty well (the shots). Put me back on 10 mg Maxalt & Topamax. Topamax jacks with my heart rate and blood sugar as well as made my hair fall out. Got off of that and just try to deal with it with the Maxalt & Ibuprofen 800mgs. When it gets too bad, I go to the ER for a shot of Toridol. Percocet & Hydrocodone do nothing to ease the pain. The weather is mainly the cause of mine. Any time the Barometer flucuates, there is pain and suffering until it is stable again. And then I am so wiped out for a couple of days from all of the meds. Not a pleasant way to live but I deal with it the best I can. I am is thankful that my DH is so understanding and caring when I am sick! My heart goes out to all of sufferers. I know how you feel.
Can't verify it this but years ago there was a claim made that a air purifier will help reduce migrains for those who suffer severely