migraine

Old 10-27-2011, 05:57 PM

I've never heard anything about taking Relpax 2 weeks in a row. I've been taking Relpax for 5 years and I'm sure I have taken it more than twice a week several times. What is supposed to happen?
Originally Posted by AmyBaby
Originally Posted by lynnie
relpax is the only answer dfor me, works like a charm
Same for me. This stuff was a huge relief. I also keep Reglan on hand for the nausea that I get.

But if you get more than 2 migraines in a 2 week time frame you have to have a back up to the Relpax. You can't take it more than that.

Oh and I AVOID like the plague anything with MSG in it. It is a huge migraine trigger for me.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:08 PM

I know it won't help this time, but try lavender oil and spray a little on your chest. It may help, works for my daughter.

I need a quiet dark room and a wet face cloth over my eyes and forehead. Mine are much better since menopause, and massage.

Hope you feel better soon:)
Old 10-27-2011, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by MyWifeMadeME
Pain Killer... quiet place... dim the lights.. Praying for you.
PLUS try cold on you forehead/face. Dr. told me cold caused increased blood flow to warm the skin and that helped open constricting blood vessels that contribute to the pain.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Pam H
I've never heard anything about taking Relpax 2 weeks in a row. I've been taking Relpax for 5 years and I'm sure I have taken it more than twice a week several times. What is supposed to happen?

I really am not sure but both my doctor and the pharmacy handout had that listed as part of the instructions, you should check with your doctor and see if it's an issue for you.

Originally Posted by AmyBaby
Originally Posted by lynnie
relpax is the only answer dfor me, works like a charm
Same for me. This stuff was a huge relief. I also keep Reglan on hand for the nausea that I get.

But if you get more than 2 migraines in a 2 week time frame you have to have a back up to the Relpax. You can't take it more than that.

Oh and I AVOID like the plague anything with MSG in it. It is a huge migraine trigger for me.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:37 AM
dd

I know mine are hormonal but they are also worse in Spring and Fall when the weather keeps changing. I have been taking magnesium since about August. I had maybe 2 this month. Not bad ones either. I have an appt. with my neuro next week to see if I can go off some of my meds. I take 2 different meds to ward them off plus the rescue meds after I get them. Things seem to be turning around. I'm also turning 50 this year. That might have something to do with it too.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:38 AM
Power Poster

My hubby suffered (and you know what I mean when I say suffered) with migraines for years. Many different doctors tried to treat him. finally connected with a doctor who believed they were primarily triggered by food. So after the elimination diet, rotation diet, etc. we were able to figure out what set them off. And he only gets them very rarely now. Usually some extra strength excedrin at the first sign stops it, but if it gets very bad he takes an Esjic which knocks it right out. He doesn't need them but once or twice a year.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:43 AM

Have you had any allergy testing? A friend of mine used to have migraines all the time, and it just so happened that a friend of hers was having allergy testing, and my friend decided to try whatever food testing her friend was going through, to discover that if she avoided beef, milk products and citrus, she doesn't have migraines. Just a idea. Hope you get some relief from someone's suggestions.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:06 AM

I get migraines too. The 1st sign of even a small headache and I head for the meds. If I can't get rid of it it will develope into a migraine. I hate the ones that make me sick - I usually have to get a shot from the Dr's to take those away.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by nonymac
I get migraines too. The 1st sign of even a small headache and I head for the meds. If I can't get rid of it it will develope into a migraine. I hate the ones that make me sick - I usually have to get a shot from the Dr's to take those away.
Always make me sick