Thread: can I use this?
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 06:59 AM
CoriAmD

Originally Posted by toomanycats
I have some old metal bobbins from an old sears machine and some from an old montgomery wards. both fit both machines. the only difference was the sears ones had a little bigger holes around the top. now my question..... I have a Janome DC2010. The only differences I see are the Janome ones are plastic and do not have the holes around the top (I do not know the purpose they served) but otherwise seem to be the same size. can the old metal ones be used if same size?
I have the little Brother SE400 sewing/embroidery machine. It came with plastic bobbins but one day when I was using it, the bobbin ran out of thread, I just grabbed a metal one because i was too lazy to rewind a bobbin right then... :lol: When the thread was all used up in the bobbin, my machine did not beep to let me know it was running low so I ended up having to tear out that embroidery, replace the bobbin and start over. I will NOT use a metal bobbin in that machine again! Would have just been easier to rewind the plastic one... ha ha ha