Thread: Oh, Dear Jane!
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 07:42 AM
peawink

Originally Posted by DottyD
I had not done much PP before Dear Jane and avoid it if there is another way to do that particular block !!!!!. Sometimes though, you just have to - I had done some PP in a class I took - with bigger pieces of fabric - but my little grey cells find the "mirror imaging " difficult on some of the blocks i.e F8 Church Window.
With a bunch of world-wide friends I am starting a Contemporary Jane ... we are blogging about the blocks as we go ... I just finished A-2 which I managed to whittle down to 28 pieces (from 44) and piece very accurately using what I call the quick 45 method.

My plan is to use whatever method is "easiest" for that block. Hand piecing for most curves, hand applique for odd things and machine or hand piecing for everything else. I've been bitten and am hoping I might be contagious .. loving the bright unusual colors. This quilt is all about me and I'm not afraid to change the patterns. I am sometimes reversing the fabric placement so that my "contemporary" fabric is always the background and using a teal my accent / 2nd color. I figure there will be a million Janes out there and am looking forward to making this one mine :)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-218961.jpe   attachment-218962.png