View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 01:11 PM
laughingquilter

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
Yes, my dear Grandma has saved me a couple of times by her voiced comments. She died in 1968, right after my last son was born.

On my DH's last day, in ER, he was in a coma and suddenly woke up and pointed to the side of the room. He counted, pointing, one, two, three, up to nine, then calmly told me that "They are all there waiting for me" then pointed to the right of the room and said that "The rest of them are over there", and then went out again. Nine added up to his parents and brothers who had gone before, and some of his most loved aunts.
When I told the ER nurse, he wasn't surprised.
I had worked with him before so he told me that he saw it often on the last day but no one wanted to hear it so he never said anything except when asked. He said for me to call in the family...he died later that evening.

A couple of days later I was sitting alone in the house and heard him tell me Goodbye, using my pet name only he called me.
Your response gave me goosebumps....not because of "spookiness" but because of how similar it is to my experience with my father's passing. I believe in spirits - they take care of us and help us through.....