Old 06-30-2011, 05:26 PM
KyKat

My Mother-in-law was a quilter, and when she passed away, my sister-in-law gathered up all her quilting stuff and gave it to me because she knows I am a quilter. She loved applique, and in her projects, she had one where she had cut out 8 - 18" white squares, 8 flowers, and 32 leaves. There was one sample block in another color that I'm sure someone had done that she was using as a sample. Anyway, I couldn't let them go to waste, so I went ahead and appliqued them. Then I bought the pink flowered fabric and the green fabric in the pictures (they are not sewed together, they are just lying side-by-side) to set up the quilt with white. But there are 8 blocks. I have tried to put it together, and it makes a really awkward size for a quilt. I'm a really, really bad piecer, and since I have spent a long time with the applique, and I love to hand quilt and want to do a lot of intricate hand-quilting, so I want the quilt top to be done well. I wonder if any of you have ever had someone else do the piecing for you. I'm thinking about going to a quilt shop and finding someone to piece the top for me. That would be copping out, but I'd rather do that and have a nice piece at the end. What do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-219199.jpe   attachment-219200.jpe