View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Ramona Byrd

Two things...one of my sisters volunteers in a CA hospital in ER. She passed a room at the end of the hall with a dying man in it while they were hunting for his relatives, and noticed a man bending over the bed, holding the guy's hand. She was told that the patient's folks would most likely be too late, but this man was much better when they came. Nurses couldn't understand it and flatly refused to believe that anyone could get past them to see this patient..she still wonders who it was holding the dying man's hand and making him stronger. She just saw his back.

A lot of years ago my late DH and I were back packing alone in the high Sierras, as we did often as possible. On one steep hillside, I heard my Grandma's voice (dead many years) telling me "You'd better sit down for a while right here!!!" and I told DH why I wanted to sit for a while. Highly educated and maybe a non-believer, he just put his back pack down and started to sit when he saw right down the trail a huge tree leaning over and suddenly crushing everything in its path. He just looked at me and asked if Grandma said it was okay to go around it. Nothing more from her so we went around it and rejoined the trail down the hill. He never mentioned this again!!