View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 05:06 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Sharon M
Rhonda, they are great! I love them all. I just love totes and bags :D
I always wear glasses and they are new ones too, I didn't see anything wrong at all :thumbup:
Well if you knew the way I struggled!! In one I used a thinner fabric and it kept buckleing. I had Dorothy sew sets of two blocks together to save me time and I had already sewn the four corners into sets of 4 and three of the 4's already added to other sets when I decided I couldn't live with all the bumpy lumpy mess! So I had to take all four corner sets down to individual blocks and start over! I was not a happy camper!!!
I was on a time crunch also because the customer wanted them for mother's day gifts!

The third one the bottom panel wouldn't fit with the sides to sew together!
One side I had to tear it out and resew it 4 times before I got it to even come close to fitting right. It still isn't right but it is sewn so it won't come apart anyway!

The last one I thought I was ahead of the game and made the bottom panel the right size but that thing decided to teach me a lesson! The stupid thing still was too short but I made it work!! It is not as good as I would like but due to having to get them into the mail I had to do the best I could and shut my eyes! I just hate to send anything out if it isn't the best i can do.

I am a slob where my house is concerned but a raging perfectionist in my piecing!! Split personality!!