Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Pieced Patchwork Totes >

Pieced Patchwork Totes

Pieced Patchwork Totes

Old 05-16-2009, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
These are some totes I sent out today as part of an order. They turned out ok I quess. I can point out all the flaws but oh well!
Why point them out? I think they look perfect and all are beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:56 AM
Power Poster

It's just my perfectionism screaming at me that it should have been this or that!! Sometimes I listen and it is a good thing and sometimes I have learned to ignore what I can't do anything about.

My mom always points out my mistakes and asks why so I get it honestly.

It used to hurt my feelings when I did something for her or showed her something I did and she pointed out the flaws but I now understand it is her way of trying to make me better at what I do.

I have this standard in the back of my head because of her that says this is not acceptable until it is the best you can do.

It has translated in my improving my work to the standard I have today.

I tend to be a slob but in my work I have developed a perfectionist attitude which helps to make my work always improving.

Just don't stop by unexpectedly and expect a clean house!! I am the world's worst housekeeper!! My husband has finally given in and does the dishes and the laundry!! He loves doing it so we are both happy!!

I get tunnel vision when I am working on quilting or designing!!
Old 05-16-2009, 09:54 AM
Power Poster

Rhonda wrote:
....My husband has finally given in and does the dishes and the laundry!! He loves doing it so we are both happy!!

I get tunnel vision when I am working on quilting or designing!! [/quote]

hey, sounds like a good trade-off to me. As much sewing as you do, it's a lot of work! So, house isn't perfect, everybody is cared for and nobody going naked or hungry. so let's quilt! :D
Old 05-16-2009, 10:24 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
Rhonda wrote:
....My husband has finally given in and does the dishes and the laundry!! He loves doing it so we are both happy!!

I get tunnel vision when I am working on quilting or designing!!
hey, sounds like a good trade-off to me. As much sewing as you do, it's a lot of work! So, house isn't perfect, everybody is cared for and nobody going naked or hungry. so let's quilt! :D [/quote]

My sentiments exactly!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

However my mom and my DH are type A personalities with everything has it's place and they want everything done yesterday!! and I am a type B personality I will get to it when I get around to it! Maybe next month! If I can walk around it and ignore it why can't you?!

They nag but if they didn't I probably wouldn't come up for air!!

People tell me to get a hobby to take a break from work. They don't understand this is my stress reliever as well as stress cause! I love what I do and it is fun most of the time!!
When I don't have to rip out seams!!!
Old 05-16-2009, 05:06 PM
Power Poster

I like how you express yourself about quilting, "it's my stress reliever and my stress cause."
That's me! I love it, so it can drive me bonkers at times, but too addicted to the highs to ever give it up. :wink:
I've been forced to change over the years, I'm a middle of the road gal, now.
I kind of go with the flow, of how body and head are doing. I try to get some housework done, every day, and cook most days, except I slough off a bit, on weekends. But hubby does not go hungry. If no decent leftovers, or nothing quick to fix, I will still cook.
He likes to run the road, so he eats on the run sometimes. i quilt best, when house is empty. Even if he is asleep in his chair, my attention is not 100% on quilting, with him around. Can't tell, when he will want me to do something, or yell, "hurry, hurry, come look at this"...talking about the tv.
He has Crystal doing it now. She sits with granddaddy and watches, 'Funniest Home Videos"...and she just has a duck-fit, for me to come look! We enjoy it the most, when she is here, bc she is just like me. We love the whole slapstick comedy type stuff.
I don't know why, we think it is so funny. We are probably the most tenderhearted in whole family. We just love to see ppl, fall down, trip, hit their heads, fall on their watoosies...it's all funny! :lol:
Washing fabrics for this weeks projects, and gonna be a tote-ing very soon. will post a pic as soon as I can.